Independent service providers promote active living for children and adults with developmental disabilities including autism and/or physical disabilities in their own home or in the community, while providing parent relief. Providers registered are connected with families looking for support and relief.
Note: Providers on the registry are not employees of THRIVE Child Development Centre or Community Living Algoma and are considered self-employed.
- Provide safe, stimulating and recreational support both in the home and in the community
- Provide care and supervision according to the individuals needs
- Provide respite/support services as requested by the parent/guardian
- Network with community groups, facilitate inclusion and act as a positive role model
- Maintain communication with the Respite Coordinator
- Ability and willingness to work with persons with disabilities
- Effective communication skills with both verbal and non-verbal populations
- Commitment to providing quality life experiences in home and in the community
- Experience providing care and support to persons with disabilities is an asset
- First Aid and CPR is an asset
- Variable hours (days, evenings, weekends, overnights, relief, summer)
- Part-time (possibility of additional hours)
How to Become an Independent Service Provider:
- Submit your resume and complete an information form
- Meeting and orientation(set up by a Respite Coordinator)
- Provide two references
- Provide a current Police Reference Check
If you are interested in becoming an Independent Service Provider, please complete a Provider Application:
- To complete the Provider Application online please use:
Online Provider Application
Your Provider Application and resume will be reviewed by a Respite Coordinator. Suitable applicants may be contacted for screening.
For more information contact a Respite Coordinator at 705-759-1131 Ext.229 or email email@example.com
Adobe Acrobat Reader is required for viewing [PDF] files. Please click here to visit the Adobe website and download the viewer (free). NOTE: Clicking on this link will open a new browser window.