Take me to :
In Home Workers promote active living for children and adults with developmental disabilities including autism and/or physical disabilities in their own home or in the community, while providing parent relief. Workers registered on the In Home Worker Database may be connected with families looking for support and relief.
Note: Workers on the registry are not employees of respiteservices.com or Community Living Wallaceburg.
* Provide safe, stimulating and recreational support both in the home and in the community
* Provide care and supervision according to the individuals needs
* Provide respite/support services as requested by the parent/guardian
* Network with community groups, facilitate inclusion and act as a positive role model
* Maintain communication with Community Living Wallaceburg
* Must be at least 18 years of age
* Ability and willingness to work with individuals who have disabilities
* Effective communication skills
* Commitment to providing quality life experiences in home and in the community
* Experience providing care and support to individuals with disabilities is an asset
* First Aid and CPR is an asset
Hours of Work:
* Variable hours (days, evenings, weekends, overnights, relief, summer)
* Part-time (possibility of additional hours)
How to Become an In Home Worker:
The following are mandatory requirements to be registered as an In Home Worker
Complete Online Worker Registration, ensuring you include your resume as well as 3 references. Your online registration cannot be processed until your resume and references are submitted.
Obtain a current Police Reference Check including the Vulnerable Persons Screening (must be less than 6 months old)
Attend an information session (Bring along a copy of your Police Check)
If you encounter difficulties while submitting your registration form, please contact Sarah Pegg at Sarah@getintocommunityliving.com immediately. Your Worker Registration will be reviewed and suitable applicants will be contacted directly via email.
Note: For your own professional development there is an online respite worker training course available which is highly recommended. The course is offered through SafeGuards Training at a cost of $25.00. Visit www.respitecourse.ca to learn more.