1. This government site www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/sgmnts/dsblts/menu-eng.html leads you to information on
- the Child Disability Benefit "This is a tax free benefit for families who care for a child under 18 with severe and prolonged impairment in physical and/or mental function"
- Registered Disability Savings Plan This is a savings plan that is intended to help parents save for the long-term financial security of their child with a disability. Further information is on this RDSP site.
- Tax Credits, including GST/HST information: For example, families do not need to pay for taxes on municipal recreational programs for their son/daughter with a disability. GST/HST does also not pertain to some medical devices and supplies
2. You can also view the government site which provides information for Persons with a Disability