Take me to :


Special Services at Home (SSAH)

The Special Services at Home program helps families who are caring for a child with a developmental or physical disability. It is funded and managed by the Ministry of Community and Social Services.

The program helps families pay for special services in or outside the family home as long as the child is not receiving support from a residential program. For example, the family can hire someone to:
help the child learn new skills and abilities, such as improving their communications skills and becoming more independent
provide respite support to the family - families can get money to pay for services that will give them a break (or "respite") from the day-to-day care of their child

The amount of money a family receives depends on:
the type and amount of service the child needs
what other help is available in the community
what kind of support the family is already receiving

Who can get help?
Children with a developmental or physical disability (or their families) can apply for this money if they:
live in Ontario
need more support than most families can provide
are living at home with their family, orif they are not living at home with their family and are not being helped by other residential services

 For more information click here or contact a Respite Network Agency

Copyright © 2024 supportyourway.ca. All rights reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy