Take me to :
Collaboration. Respite. Growth.
Available across Ontario.
A provincial online resource for information on respite services
Respite care provides a range of support and service options designed to assist families and caregivers in caring for a family member with a disability. Respite options reflect the needs and preferences of individuals both in the community and family home. Respite creates greater opportunities for all family members to live actively and participate in community activities and allows parents/guardians time for themselves.
respiteservices.com coordinates a network of agencies, located across the province of Ontario, funded by the Ministry of Community and Social Services and the Ministry of Children and Youth Services to provide respite services to families and individuals with disabilities. Host agencies are collaborating to develop a coherent process to ease access to services and information for both children and adults in local communities and across Ontario.
The objectives of respiteservices.com are:
1. To develop a comprehensive respite system across Ontario.
2. To provide a central point for information on respite services and the access process for families of children and adults requiring respite options.
3. To facilitate the connection to various respite options for individuals, which match their identified needs.
4. To connect families to workers who are interested in providing respite care.
5. To work collaboratively with host agency providers and other service providers to enhance the respite services available.
respiteservices.com website provides families, individuals and professionals with information and links to respite services in local communities across Ontario.
Information and links include:
• Respite Service providers and Respite Options
• How to access respite services in local communities
• Events and Training Opportunities
• Funding Sources
• How to connect with workers and families through the Workerbank (known as CHAP Program in some communities)
Funded and Supported by:
Local community agencies
Ministry of Community and Social Services
Ministry of Children and Youth Services
Access, Information and Referral (AIR)
Catulpa Community Support Services
Child Development Resource Connection Peel
Children’s Community Network
Children’s Rehabilitation Centre
Cochrane Temiskaming Resource Centre
Community Living Algoma
Community Living Elgin
Community Living Kingston
Community Living North Bay
Community Living Parry Sound
Community Living Prince Edward
Community Living Sarnia / Lambton
Community Living South Muskoka
Community Living Wallaceburg
Counselling Services of Belleville & District
Developmental Services Access Centre (DSAC)
Dufferin Child and Family Services
Durham Association for Family Respite Services
Family and Children Services of Renfrew County
Family Respite Services / Windsor Essex
Family Services Perth Huron
Halton Support Services
Huron Respite Network
Keystone Child, Youth & Family Services
North Bay & District Association for Community Living
Northumberland Family Respite Services
Oxford Child & Youth Centre
S D & G Developmental Services Centre
Service Coordination des services
Services to Children and Adults of Prescott-Russell
Simcoe Community Services
VON London Middlesex
York Support Services Network