Take me to :

Find this service in : 

Special Services at Home

The Special Services at Home (SSAH) program helps families who are caring for a child with an intellectual or physical disability.  It is funded and managed by the Ministry of Children and Youth Services.

The program helps families pay for services in or outside the family home as long as the child is not receiving support from a residential program.  For example, the family can hire someone to:
  • help the child learn new skills and abilities, such as improving communication and becoming more independent
  • provide respite support to the family
The amount of money a family receives depends on:
the type and amount of service the child needs
what other help is available in the community
what kind of support the family is already receiving

Who can get help?

Families of children with an intellectual or physical disability can apply for this money if they live in Ontario, need more support than most families can provide, the child is living at home with their family, or are not living at home with their family and are not being helped by other residential services

How to apply

1.  You can obtain an application by visiting the Ministry of Children and Youth Services website
2.  You will need a medical statement or psychological assessment for your application.  It should describe the disability and explain why you need the services and how much they will cost
3.  Mail the completed application and required documentation to your regional office

It is necessary to re-apply for SSAH services every year   

Copyright © 2024 supportyourway.ca. All rights reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy