"respiteservices.com working together to facilitate respite options that empower individuals with differing abilities and their families to lead active and rewarding lives."
"Creating Community Connections"
connects agencies funded by the Ministry of Community and Social Services and the Ministry of Children and Youth Services. In Peel Region we are collaborating to develop a more dynamic respite network for both children and adults. The Peel Planning Group was the original group that launched Respite Services in Peel. Peel Children and Youth Planning Group provide leadership in the systemic and strategic evolution of developmental services in the Region of Peel. In addition to representation from the developmental service sector, the group includes representation from the child welfare and mental health sectors.
- The guiding principles of respiteservices.com are:
- To develop a comprehensive respite system in Peel.
- To develop and maintain a coherent access process for families of children and adults requiring respite options.
- To facilitate respite options for individuals that match their identified needs.
- To work closely with service providers to advocate for appropriate service options to meet the needs identified.
Respite care is a family support service that promotes active living and provides temporary relief from the physical and emotional demands involved in caring for a family member who has a disability*. Respite creates greater opportunities for all family members to live actively and participate in community activities and allows parents/guardians time for themselves.
Respite Access Facilitator
The Respite Access Facilitators for Peel Region work with agencies to develop creative respite options for individuals, to identify the current resources and needs within the system, and to act as a respite information resource to agencies supporting families.