Take me to :
supportyourway.ca / respiteservices.com consists of agencies funded by the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services. We are collaborating to develop a more dynamic respite network for children who have a physical and/or developmental disability in the Sudbury & Manitoulin region. The website is hosted by the Children's Community Network.
“Working together to facilitate respite options that empower individuals with differing abilities and their families to lead active and rewarding lives.”
“Creating Community Connections”
The guiding principles of supportyourway.ca / respiteservices.com are:
1. To develop a comprehensive respite system across Ontario.
2. To provide a central point for information on respite services as well as the access process for families of children and adults requiring respite options.
3. To facilitate the connection to various respite options for individuals, which match their identified needs.
4. To connect families to providers who are interested in providing respite care.
5. To work collaboratively with host agency providers and other service providers to enhance the respite services available.
supportyourway.ca / respiteservices.com provides families, individuals, and professionals with information and links to respite services in local communities across Ontario; these include:
• Respite Service providers and Respite Options
• How to access respite services in local communities
• Events and Training Opportunities
• Funding Sources
• How to connect with respite providers and families through the Support Provider Database
Respite care provides a range of support and service options designed to assist families and caregivers in caring for a family member with a disability. Respite options reflect the needs and preferences of individuals both in the community and in the family home. Respite creates greater opportunities for all family members to live actively and participate in community activities and allows parents/guardians time for themselves.
Respite Resource Coordinator
For Children 0-18
The Respite Resource Coordinator will work with agencies, families, and providers to develop creative respite options for individuals, to identify the current resources and needs within the system, and to act as a respite information resource to agencies supporting families. Additionally, short-term coordination will be provided in order to overcome barriers to respite for individuals requiring support.
For more information, please contact us.
For Adults 18+
For more information on respite options in your community and/or to identify your interest in providing respite, please contact Developmental Services Ontario (DSO) at 1-855-376-6673 or visit www.DSOntario.ca.
Support Provider Database
Working with Children 0-18
The Support Provider Database is an integral part of supportyourway.ca / respiteservices.com. This database was developed through a partnership of Geneva Centre for Autism and Bloorview MacMillan Children's Centre. The Support Provider Database aims to recruit a large base of respite providers interested in supporting persons with a physical and/or developmental disability, including autism, to provide meaningful respite opportunities through community based options. Families are able to connect with providers if they receive Direct Funded Respite through the Children's Community Network, Mental Health Respite through Child and Family Centre, and to fulfill Special Services At Home contracts in addition to other respite needs.