Family Directed Respite Funding is available to eligible family caregivers who provide ongoing care to a child, adult or senior living in the City and District of Thunder Bay, as well as seniors living in the Districts of Rainy River and Kenora. Family caregivers decide how they would like to receive their respite and Wesway pays for the approved costs. Families are able to use the funding in a variety of ways.
Wesway takes the approach that families know best when it comes to the frequency, duration and type of break they need. Respite can occur:
Respite care can be provided by:
- In the family home
- Out of the home
- Daytime, evenings, weekends (including overnight)
- From a few hours a day to much longer periods of time
- Through community activities
- In an emergency
- For short vacations
- A trusted friend or neighbour
- A recognized community recreation group or activity program
- Purchasing additional service from another organization which already provides support to the family
Wesway will give consideration to any reasonable respite service provider chosen by the family caregiver, within the context of our accountability requirements. Please note that the respite service provider is not an employee of Wesway.
For more information please contact our Intake Services Coordinator at : 807-625-6695
or TOLL FREE at 1(888) 623-2353 ext. 6695