How to Become a CHAP/Direct Support Provider:
Please read all of the steps before completing your online application as you will not return to this page upon completion. The link will be at the bottom of the page.
SCREENING REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL CHAP APPLICANTS:
To begin your application:
- A current resume
- 2 Professional References (at least one must be a current or most recent employer) completed on the form provided
- Criminal Reference Check including a Vulnerable Persons Check (less than 6 months old)
- Attend the mandatory orientation.
Download CHAP Reference Form (2 Reference Forms are required)
- Complete the online application and ensure that you upload your current resume with the application. It is important to create a classified ad in the space provided as this information is used by the families/individuals to select potential CHAP. Please note that if you declare on your application that you hold a degree or certificate in any related field you will be asked to provide a copy for your file.
- Obtain a criminal reference check with a vulnerable persons check from your local police. You may need to contact a CHAP Coordinator for assistance with this process should the police services request a letter. Please note: A clear criminal reference check and vulnerable sector screening is required to join the CHAP program as we do not have the right to deem what would be considered acceptable for the families/individuals using the program. In addition, we do not have the right to share the information obtained on your criminal reference check to allow for transparency if an offence was reported.
- Register with a CHAP Coordinator to attend a CHAP program introduction meeting.
- Please print the reference form below and have your references complete it and forward to the CHAP Coordinator for your area. Reminder: we require 2 professional references completed on the supportyourway.ca/respiteservices.com CHAP reference form.
Once you have completed the screening process your references will be called and your suitability for the CHAP program will be reviewed by a CHAP Coordinator.
For further information or assistance please contact the CHAP Coordinator for your area:
If you reside in Barrie, Bradford, Innisfil, Angus or surrounding areas, please contact:
39 Fraser Court, Barrie, ON, L4N 5J5
Telephone: 705-726-9082 ext. 2259
If you reside in Alliston, Collingwood, Midland or Orillia and the surrounding areas, please contact:
Direct Support Facilitator
Catulpa Community Support Services
165 Ferris Lane, Barrie, ON, L4M 2Y1
Telephone: 705-733-3227 ext. 2253