Take me to :

Find this service in : 

Special Services At Home

Special Services at Home


The Special Services At Home program helps families who are caring for a child with a developmental or physical disability. It is funded and managed by the Ministry of Community and Social Services.

The program helps families pay for special services in or outside the family home as long as the child is not receiving support from a residential program. For example, the family can hire someone to:

  • help the child learn new skills and abilities, such as improving their communication skills and becoming more independent
  • provide respite support to the family - families can get money to pay for services that will give them a break (or "respite") from the day-to-day care of their child
The amount of money a family receives depends on:
  • the type and amount of services the child needs
  • what other help is available in the community
  • what kind of support the family is already receiving
Who can get help?
Children with a developmental or physical disability (or their families) can apply for this money if they:
  • live in Ontario
  • need more support than most families can provide
  • are living at home with their family, or 
  • if they are not living at home with their family and are not being helped by other residential services.
How to apply for your child
  1. Download and complete an application form
  2. Attach a medical statement or psychological assessment to your application. It should describe the disability and explain why you need the services and how much it will cost.
  3. Mail and completed application form and the medical assessment to your nearest regional office
More Information
Contact the regional office nearest you.

Copyright © 2024 supportyourway.ca. All rights reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy