Find this service in : 

Funding Sources

Provincially Funded Resources:

Assistance for Children with Severe Disabilities (ACSD) (Up to 18yrs) Provides financial support to a parent/legal guardian whose child is under 18 years of age, lives at home and has a severe disability may be eligible to receive help under this program.


Special Services at Home (SSAH) (Up to 18yrs) Assists families caring for a child with a Developmental or Physical Disability to pay for relief/respite services in the home or outside the family home.


Ontario Autism Program (OAP) (Up to 18yrs) The OAP offers support to families of children and youth on the autism spectrum.


Passport Program (18+ yrs) A financial resource designed to assist adults with a developmental disability with the cost of support including: day programs, respite, transportation expenses, programs, classes, camps and much more. Applications must be made through Developmental Services Ontario (DSO) and can be started at 16 yrs.


Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) (18yrs - 65yrs) Income Support Financial support for eligible adults designed to assist with cost of living expenses, prescription, vision and dental coverage. Shelter Allowance available for separate living accommodations. Apply six months prior to 18th birthday.


March Break Reimbursement Fund (Up to 17yrs, identified with Autism) Families must retain the services of a one-to-one support worker OR have paid for their child to attend a March Break camp or program, but not both. Maximum reimbursements are $350 per child. Applications must be received between mid-December to mid-January.


Assistive Devices Program (ADP) (All Ages) Subsidized funding for customized equipment for individuals with long-term physical disabilities. To be eligible must be an Ontario resident, have a valid Ontario health card, have a disability requiring equipment or supplies for six months or longer, not based on income. ADP covers 75% of the cost for equipment and supplies and families pay the remaining 25%.


Home and Community Care Support Services (Formerly LHIN) A centralized agency, funded by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, which coordinates the necessary health care and specialized supports. Services include: PSW support, nursing, supported living and long term care. ● Central (access for York Region excluding west Woodbridge): Locations in Newmarket, Richmond Hill and Markham 1-888-470-2222 ● Central West (access for West Woodbridge): Main Office 1-888-733-1177


Other Financial Supports:


Canada Caregiver Credit (CCC) (All Ages) Available to spouse, common law or dependent with a physical or mental impairment completed through the standard tax return.


Disability Tax Credit (DTC) (All Ages) Available to eligible persons with disabilities. The DTC reduces the amount of tax owed by a person to the government.


Registered Disability Savings Plan (RDSP) (Up to 59yrs) A long-term savings plan that is designed to meet the needs of people with disabilities and their families. An RDSP may be opened by any individual who qualifies for the Disability Tax Credit (DTC). An RDSP is an exempt asset under ODSP.


Henson Trust/Discretionary Trust (All Ages) Protects the assets of a person living with a disability and their right to collect government benefits, inheritance and entitlements without losing their Ontario Disability

York Region Recreation Funding Options (pdf) Please refer to the contact information listed if more detail is required

Copyright © 2024 All rights reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy